Cycling Federation of India (CFI) is a pioneer in the promotion of cycling sports in India affiliated to the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) , Asian Cycling Confederation (ACC) and Union Cycliste International (UCI).This is the sole body recognized by Ministry of youth affairs and sports , Govt. of India for the promotion of the sport of cycling in India.
CFI MISSION :
- To direct, develop, regulate, control the cycling sports under all forms in the country.
- To promote cycling in all the State of India and at all levels.
- To organize, National Championships for Senior and Junior Men and Women, Inter State Cycling Championship and other Cycling Races like Stage Race in India of which it is sole owner.
- To promote sportsmanship and fair play.
- To represent the sport of cycling National & International Cycling events and defend its interest before the National & International Continental & Federations.
CFI organizes the following National Championships every year :
- National Road Cycling Championship
- National Track Cycling Championship
- National Mountain Bike Championship
Prize Money Races:
- Mumbai-Pune Cycle Race.
- Tour -De -India (year 2009 onwards) with international participation.
- Various cyclothons/cycling marathons across various states/U.T of India ,which include, J&K, Chandigarh,New Delhi, Chennai, Bangaluru,Kerela etc. with national /international participation.
- MTB events in the states of Uttrakhand,Kerela etc.with national /international participation.
Apart from that Cycling Federation of India (CFI) also conduct National Coaching Camps for Elite,junior Men & Women who are selected on the basis of their performance in the National Championships and as an when required.
National Coaching Camps are conducted at the,veledrome I.G Stadium,New Delhi.